Monday, March 30, 2020

What's changed for you?

So we've been quarantined for a couple weeks now.

I've had people say to me, "I suppose it's not much different for you." And compared to so many other people, they are right. 

We still daily do our farm chores. We still homeschool. Thankfully, my husband is still able to work from home and earn the same amount of income. Egg business has slowed down and our high schooler is learning via the Internet at home, but other than that our life has stayed pretty normal. 

The biggest change we've had is not going to church. For us, church is a huge part of our homeschool, our socialization; it's a big part of who we are. We go to church to worship, yes, but we also go to participate in the activities. We go for Bible Studies. We go to volunteer. We go to be filled and to encourage. We go to help and be helped. Christ lives in us and church is where we feel at home. 

A notification came up on my phone yesterday. Google maps asked me "Has your work address changed? Tap to update your work address." 

Ha! I've been staying at home so much that google thinks I don't work anymore. Where does google think I work anyway? All of my jobs are at home? I tapped the notification. This is what I saw: 

We are at our church so often that Google Maps put that as my work address! What a joyous day it will be when we can gather again around God's Word, with our fellow brothers and sisters in the faith, all in one building - all in one room - all with one voice praising our Savior!

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD." -Psalm 122:1



No comments:

Post a Comment